About Tara (TAR-uh) - she/her
For over twenty years I have been working with children and families in a variety of different roles, capacities and countries. Education and teaching are a foundational part of who I am as a person and play an integral role in defining how I look at our world.
Some of the experiences that have shaped me and my approach:
- Owned EducatorMama for 7.5 years: Hybrid Outdoor and Play Based Preschool
- Classroom (K-12), Guidance & Administration
- Extensive knowledge of the Ontario school system
- Experience supporting families and children with IEP's
- Manager Toronto Island Challenge Course & Director of Leadership
- Residential Supervisor at Private Boarding school
- Senior Black Belt Instructor & Competitor
- Spent my elementary years in Saudi Arabia, later returning as an educator
My Masters in Education Capstone project looked at using children's books to build empathy and social emotional skills.* At the time I was seeking to find ways to address bullying. Over the years I have adapted this concept to incorporate a wide range of skills and topics.
*Those are the tools and skills we need to identify our feelings, know what to do when we have feelings and also understand that others have feelings too. This is something I have carried throughout my career and plays a key role in how I help parents and educators build tools for everyday mental well-being with their children.
Why I Started Raising Resilient Children
Raising Resilient Children was born out of the encouragement of clients who told me I needed to take my unique approach to fostering kindness and social emotional well-being with children and families to the world.
The Language of Kindness is the framework I developed over the course of owning a preschool and raising my own children. It is a way of speaking, thinking and acting that is accessible and understandable for parents, caregivers and children. It provides you with a framework that is easily understood, helps children and adults with problem solving their challenges and builds essential connection for long-term success.
My exclusive support options, group program and DIY parent courses all emphasize the importance of using the Language of Kindness to:
- help you with understanding your child’s needs
- provide you with tools to support your child communicating their needs
- building supports for developing self-regulation strategies
- fostering a relationship built on kindness and connection
I will teach you how to build the Language of Kindness in a way that will assist you in setting clear and appropriate boundaries, encourage essential connection and relationship building and help you to navigate the daily challenges of modern parenting.