1:1 Support Program
The one-on-one support program provides you with the framework and learning from the Building Resilience Through Kindness Digital Course and the added benefit of customized support through weekly 1:1 coaching sessions with Tara.
You will learn how to use the Language of Kindness and Parent Clues for Problem Solving to build essential life skills for resiliency and a clear path for understanding what your child's behaviour means so you can address it effectively.
Not everything you know is wrong and the things you don't know you never learned, we can change that!
Book a call to see if we are a good fit
What Parents Are Saying About Their Experience
"Tara knows how kids think and how their brains work. She has served as an invaluable translator for me, helping me truly and deeply understand what is developmentally appropriate for my kids, what is motivating their behaviours, and what is the best way to help them be their best selves."
Being exposed to the Language of Kindness in context of the true meaning of children's resilience is an eye opener for us. As I grapple with giving space for my kids in developing emotional intelligence while also standing firm with boundaries, this program provides tactical strategies with theories that help me unpack the why's behind my children's behaviour.
Building Resilience Through Kindness is designed and facilitated by Tara Gratto M.S.Ed, MA, OCT.
The exclusive support option is customized for your family needs and goals. As such it is important that we meet to ensure we are good fit before working together in this format.
This is for a parent or caring adult who
- wants to make space for feelings and still get out the door on time
- is overwhelmed by second-guessing & parent guilt
- is tired of: whining, not listening, defiance and constant battles
- wants to equip their child with skills for life & resiliency
- is looking for a way to parent that validates children without undermining themself
Digital Course Overview
I created this course to be accessible for busy parents with different learning styles.
You can listen and/or watch the digital modules on your own time, as many times as you like.
Module 1: Building the Baseline
Module 2: Tricky Moments, Big Feelings and Stress
Module 3: Intro to Parent Clues for Problem Solving
Module 4:Module 4: Language, Connection & Tools for the 3 F's
Module 5: Parent Clues Part 2
Bonus: Building Tools for Bedtime
"You built my awareness and understanding in such a clear way. I loved how you shared practical tips, clear strategies and the understanding behind it."
"I listened to your course before going to bed and the next day I was faced with an epic showdown trying to get out the door to school. In the moment I heard your voice telling me not to argue, that logic and reasoning wasn’t going to help in the moment. We were able to calm down and get to school on time!"
"You taught me how to be calmer,
not just told me I need to be calm!"
A SOCIAL EMOTIONAL EXPERT WITH 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Tara Gratto M.S.Ed, MA, OCT created this course based on her extensive experience:
- Working in classrooms, guidance, administration, and for 7.5 years as a hybrid outdoor and play based preschool owner
- Engaging directly with hundreds of children and their families to support unique learning and emotional needs
- As a parent who understands how overwhelming the information available can be and how much parent guilt affects our decisions
My goal is to support you with practical strategies and frameworks that will manage the overwhelm while fostering essential life skills with your children.Book a Call with Tara Here
What is The Language of Kindness
The framework I created to support busy parents like you with:
- Clear language for navigating tricky situations
- Building self-esteem and confidence while also laying an important baseline for boundaries and limits
- Creating a personalized toolbox for Big Feelings that helps you connect with your child in a new way
- Feeling less stressed because Parent Clues help you understand behaviour and challenges better
Language of Kindness = Kindness to self + Kindness to Others + Kindness to the Planet
FAQ & Important Information:
As a consultant and parent educator you can expect me to:
- Encourage you to reflect on your role as a parent/caregiver
- Develop meaningful and attainable goals
- Provide you with lessons, frameworks and extensions to support your goals
- Provide you with workshops and/or 1:1 coaching sessions
- Provide a space for listening, sharing and problem solving
- Uphold a high ethical standard as mandated by my teaching certifications
- Respect all confidentiality and intellectual property agreements
Importance of maintaining a collaborative and professional relationship:
The coaching and consulting relationship is a professional relationship. A successful consultant/client relationship relies on a collaborative relationship. It is the responsibility of the consultant to facilitate and help clients develop their skills and abilities by providing feedback and offering educational opportunities for learning and growing.
Role of consultant and educator versus medical or mental health professional:
In my role as consultant and educator, my advice and recommendations encourage behavioural change through lifestyle changes, problem solving skill development, education, and reflective practices. The programs and advice I offer are not intended to replace the advice or guidance of medical or mental health experts and should not be considered therapy. Medical and mental health experts are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of emotional and psychological problems and have therapeutic designations. As a parent consultant and coach I am not a mediator, therapist or crisis intervention responder.
As a client you are expected to:
- Be honest with yourself and with me.
- Commit to reflecting on your mindset and setting goals.
- Take ownership and responsibility for your progress and accomplishments.
Role and responsibility of the client in the learning process:
It is the responsibility of the client to determine how much change they are willing and able to make. All plans, lessons, extensions and frameworks provided are the responsibility of the client to implement. If the client has concerns about the consultant relationship, it is their responsibility to discuss these with the consultant. Consulting does not offer any guarantees of success or definitive behaviour changes of your child or family.
What Parents Are Saying About Their Experience
"I’ve taken other parenting courses, and this is completely different and so much better! You really get parents, you have practical tips and you are such an effective teacher."
I know what kind of parent I want to be, but you gave me the guidelines and framework to make it happen.